WHAT IS ENERGY REVOLUTION AND WHY BE A PART OF IT?
Energy Revolution is an unprecedented collaboration of event professionals pioneering an industry response to climate change. We believe that every individual, business and economic sector can play a valuable role in creating a sustainable future for everyone.
The Energy Revolution Suppliers Initiative enables you to calculate your travel carbon emissions to and from events, and make a donation to ‘balance’ them. 100% of donations are invested in renewable energy projects; turning the travel carbon emissions into a world-changing positive investment.
The festival industry is collectively responsible for 20 kilotonnes of carbon dioxide each year. The main contributor is travel, which typically accounts for 70% of an event’s total footprint. The science and the art of successfully and confidently communicating about climate change to stakeholders is often beyond the experience and skillset of many individual events or organisations. Energy Revolution provides a robust, off-the-shelf and industry-specific solution to measuring impacts and taking positive actions. As an industry working together, we can be a powerful movement for change, with individual actions spearheading the way for others to make changes.
Energy Revolution’s suppliers initiative has been produced with support from six of the UK’s major event suppliers, including Chai Wallahs, Firefly, BES Systems, Rock City Crew, Charge and Store and Greenbox Events.
HOW DOES OUR SUPPLIERS INITIATIVE WORK?
- Sign up to Energy Revolution online HERE
- Record your travel journeys in our carbon calculator travel tool or an offline log that we provide. Using industry-certified metrics, the tool works out your total carbon emissions and provides a donation amount required to balance them. This can be done once a year, or regularly throughout the year, for a specific event, project or tour, or the company vehicle fleet – whatever works for you.
- We invest your donations in affiliated renewable energy projects, or for larger donors, a project of your choice, as long as it passes our due diligence.
- We provide you with an annual certificate that shows the carbon emissions you have balanced.
WHY SHOULD WE JOIN?
- It’s an opportunity to balance your company’s negative environmental impacts in a measurable and credible way.
- You’ll be helping create renewable energy infrastructure that secures a safer, cleaner future for everyone.
- Demonstrate to clients and stakeholders that you are a responsible and innovative company.
WHAT DOES MEMBERSHIP INCLUDE?
As well as admin support all year round, you’ll receive:
- An Energy Revolution logo to use in press and marketing
- Use of our artist/contractor carbon calculator tools
- An annual carbon balance certificate
WHERE ARE DONATIONS INVESTED?
100% of donations made go directly towards generating clean energy – zero percent is used toward administration of the charity. In the first year of operation, donations were invested with The Converging World, who operate wind turbines in the Tamil Nadu area of India. In future we will offer a portfolio of projects which reflect the interests of partners.
GREAT – SIGN ME UP!
You can sign up here. It’s really quick and easy. The majority of this process is online, to keep our admin costs to a minimum, but feel free to get in touch to talk things through, please drop us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org
There is a small annual fee of £50 to cover our costs. This will cover administration, year round support, media assets, free-to-use tools and your end of year certificate.